Lens Repair shop

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Lens Repair shop

Postby juan on Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:20 pm

Hi there. Just got my Tamron lens damaged. Does anybody know who can repair them here in Sydney, or the rep name/phone/web to contact them. It is a 17-50 f/2.8 that comes with a bundle and somehow the lock switch got stuck. Focusing is not soft anymore. The lens was purchased in February and except this inconvenience, it works great.
Another thing, is it worth repairing or better getting a new one? (I know repairs can be very expensive sometimes)

Thanks for any advice,

Juan
juan

Re: Lens Repair shop

Postby gstark on Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:40 pm

Juan,

Welcome. Please update your location in your profile so that it complies with our requirements; please see the portal page, and FAQ, for more details on what is required here.

Regarding the Tammy, I thnk that would be imported by Maxwell's at Lidcombe. If you purchased this in February, might it be covered under warranty?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby juan on Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:56 pm

gstark:
Thanks for your information. I managed to make it work like before... just a bit of fiddling with the lens, however I will have it checked to rest assured is ok. I love that lens, it is certainly the best for a newbie like me with a first DLSR.
Thanks again for your message.
I think I already added my location under my profile data (please can you confirm that... I'm not sure as I'm new to the forum)

Juan
juan

Postby gstark on Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:15 pm

juan wrote:I think I already added my location under my profile data (please can you confirm that... I'm not sure as I'm new to the forum)

No, not quite. Again, please look at the message for new users at the top of the portal page. You need to have a MEANINGFUL location. What you have is, in fact, specifically excluded. :)

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby juan on Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:57 pm

Ok, thanks, got it solved.

Juan
juan

Return to Sydney