Tasmania Gallery - Get it while its still there :)

This section is for members who wish to post notifications of updates to their personal galleries. Please note that as the initial you may <b>only</b> include a link to your gallery - you may not, and you must not, include any images. That is where the fun begins: other members may then click on your link, and if they particularly like an image from your gallery, then <b>they</b> may post the link to your image, from your gallery, along with reasons as to why they like the image. <i>Image critiquing is NOT permitted in this section, and images posted within this section are not considered for PotW. Posts made in this section will be excluded from the "Recent Posts" section on the front page, which means that you will need to actively seek posts here. This section will also prune itself, with stale topics being removed 14 days after the most recent post being made.<i>

Moderator: Moderators

Tasmania Gallery - Get it while its still there :)

Postby biggerry on Sat May 23, 2009 12:37 am

When visiting Tasmania in Jan/Feb this year I took some time to research and get advice on what places not to miss in tassie, I got some great responses from here, in particlaur Wendall and his link to his tassie trip, it was great to be able to have alook at someone elses photography journey in tassie.

I have had my tassie gallery up for some time but only recently had the opportunity to publish it on something other than my broadband connection (ruined my counterstrike experience and ping :lol: ) so, here it is..

Gerry's Tassie Trip

If you have a spare 5 minutes take a look through, if your looking to travel to tassie and would like to know where we travelled, the galleries pretty well spell out where we went and what I took photos of, hopefully it might help someone out.

If you keen to leave some feedback on improvements etc that would be great also!
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Re: Tasmania Gallery - Get it while its still there :)

Postby stubbsy on Sat May 23, 2009 11:59 am

Gerry

There is a fantastic range of pics there - makes me want to get to Tassie since I've never been. Images #4 and #8 in east coast grabs me (would be nice to be able to see #4 larger - a weakness of the Flash slideshow you're using). There are far too many in the 2 Cradle Mountain galleries to even single some out. You should be deservedly proud of the images in the gallery.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby photohiker on Sat May 23, 2009 12:13 pm

Some good stuff in there BG.

So when are you going back? :) It's looking like I will be over there in October...

Michael
photohiker

Postby colin_12 on Sat May 23, 2009 12:17 pm

This is just great Gerry.
You have done a top job with these.
Regards Colin
Cameras, lenses and a lust for life
colin_12

Postby radar on Sat May 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Gerry,

you have some wonderful galleries in there and done a great job putting them all together. I really enjoyed the Cradle Mountain and Mt Field galleries,

thanks for sharing,

André
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Postby the foto fanatic on Sat May 23, 2009 4:29 pm

I visited your site and I was very impressed with your work.

You can be very proud of all your photographs.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby radar on Sat May 23, 2009 4:33 pm

Gerry,

Forgot to mention initially that something I would like in your galleries is also a quick description of where the photo was taken from, eg: "view from top of Cradle Mountain".

Cheers,
André
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution. Ansel Adams

(misc Nikon stuff)
radar

Postby Killakoala on Sun May 24, 2009 11:09 am

Lovely images and a nice gallery too. (BTW it's STYX not STYNX. An interesting misspelling :D )
Steve.
|D700| D2H | F5 | 70-200VR | 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-70 | 10.5 | 12-24 | SB800 |
Website-> http://www.stevekilburn.com
Leeds United for promotion in 2014 - Hurrah!!!
Killakoala

Postby biggerry on Sun May 24, 2009 11:46 pm

Firstly, thankyou all for taking a few minutes to have a look, i know time is valuable!

makes me want to get to Tassie since I've never bee

All I can say Peter, make it a priority, nothing else like it and I rate it up there with the Kimberly, its also a cheap holiday!

would be nice to be able to see #4 larger - a weakness of the Flash slideshow you're using

Just for you 8) you can now view the Port Arthur Pano full size - careful..its BIG!
I have not linked all to larger sizes mainly since it does become bandwidth intensive...but I do appreciate that some of the panos could definitely benefit from maybe a sliightly larger version. Thanks for your comments Peter.

So when are you going back?

as soon as I get some time off! we are hoping to get down there to fill in the gaps before the end of the year! If we can get some dirt cheap aifares may even pop down for a long w/e!

This is just great Gerry.

Thanks Colin :up:

Cradle Mountain and Mt Field galleries

Thanks André, I really enjoyed the visit and taking them, plus its easier to pictures of beautiful places!

quick description of where the photo was taken from, eg: "view from top of Cradle Mountain".

yes, I have comments/titles in for the cradle mountain series, but have yet to suss out how to effectively disply them! The more I think about it, I have enjoyed other peoples galleries more when there is some personalisation (not a real work prolly) to the images...good point André.

very impressed with your work.

Thanks Trevor!

(BTW it's STYX not STYNX. An interesting misspelling )

man i should be shot for that! man i cannot even blame it on the slip of the finger 'cause the bloody 'N' key is nowhere near the 'Y' or the 'X'

stand corrected! :cough:
biggerry

Postby Alpha_7 on Tue May 26, 2009 11:03 am

WOW, gorgeous wilderness and some damn good photography, you have enough stunners for 2-3 good calendars. Nicely done!
Alpha_7

Postby surenj on Tue May 26, 2009 2:24 pm

biggerry wrote:ruined my counterstrike experience and ping

:ot: Do you play Nexuiz?
surenj

Postby biggerry on Wed May 27, 2009 10:02 am

stunners for 2-3 good calendars. Nicely done!

that is an excellent idea :up: :up: - guess what the family is getting this year for christmas... 8)

Do you play Nexuiz?

I have recently downloaded that and had a go, its pretty darn good for an opensource number, similar to the Quakelive (http://www.quakelive.com/) Beta that is available to play thru your web browser but better because it does not install any crap, also it runs on linux :bowdown: (oh and for the mac users out there..it runs on that too apparently)
biggerry

Postby surenj on Wed May 27, 2009 6:29 pm

biggerry wrote:I have recently downloaded that and had a go, its pretty darn good for an opensource number, similar to the Quakelive (http://www.quakelive.com/)

What's the movement like in Quakelive? I really like the movement in Nex. Although I am having trouble joining ver 2.5 servers with the new version. I get the ">server to client keep alive" message over and over.
surenj

Postby biggerry on Wed May 27, 2009 11:12 pm

What's the movement like in Quakelive?

I only downloaded it the other day, compared to the few days of playing with Nexuiz I would rate Nexuiz as the better one - actually now i am confused, are you talking about gameplay movement or the actual community movement? :roll:

Either way, I will always find my self back at Counterstrike source, nexuiz and quakelive and quake arena are alittle too fast paced for me in my old age :? I find CSS more of a challenge and plusthe number of servers and maps to choose from for CSS is awesome.

server to client keep alive" message over and over.

hmm only ever had the 2.5.1 version and once I sorted out the firewall I have had no problems...
biggerry

Postby aim54x on Wed May 27, 2009 11:25 pm

biggerry wrote:I will always find my self back at Counterstrike source, nexuiz and quakelive and quake arena are alittle too fast paced for me in my old age :? I find CSS more of a challenge and plusthe number of servers and maps to choose from for CSS is awesome.

CS 1.6 FTW I play heaps of the War3ft mod and have played a lot of the bf2 mod!!
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby biggerry on Wed May 27, 2009 11:30 pm

CS 1.6 FTW I play heaps of the War3ft mod and have played a lot of the bf2 mod!!

free the whales yay! - lol I could never really get into bf2, it was one of the few games i bought and only played a dozen times!
biggerry

Postby whitey on Wed May 27, 2009 11:45 pm

I went through tassy a few months later. I almost followed your footsteps. I have some very similar photos especially around Lake St Claire and Cradle Mountain.

I have to say though your photos really make mine look like happy snaps. Great stuff, thanks for sharing.
D80, 50mm F/1.8, 18-70mm DX, Sigma 10-20mm
whitey

Return to Gallery Updates