T-Dimension

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

T-Dimension

Postby alexparker on Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:16 pm

Hey mate

I would like to buy Nikon D3100 . My colleague suggests this online shop to me:
t-dimension.com

However, I seldom do online shopping and is it reliable? If someone tries this shop before, I would like to know the reputation of it.

I never try this shop before, anyone could give me some advices?

Thanks. :wink:
Alex: Be Brave!!!!
alexparker

Re: T-Dimension

Postby stubbsy on Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:34 pm

Welcome to to the forum.

Please have a read of the red box at the top of this post headed "Forum rules" and amongst other things add your location in your profile to better enable us to answer your questions.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby alexparker on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:10 pm

Sorry abt that, I added it, mate :P
alexparker

Postby chrisk on Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:20 pm

d-d photo are cheaper and its local pickup:
http://www.d-d-photographics.com.au/nikond3100.htm

even better is ECS with aussie stock and aussie warranty for around the same price:
http://www.cameras.net.au/product_info. ... cts_id=323

im all for ebay/ online imports but in this case its not worth it. have playes with the d3100 a bit, awesome little thing. make sure and post some pics if you get a hold of it. :cheers:
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby aim54x on Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:10 pm

I'd go to ECS if the price is not that different!
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby alexparker on Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:44 am

Hi mates, i’m wondering if ddp would be the best choice for the camera.. D3100 body at t-dimension total cost is $707.29(included shipping to Brisbane), still cheaper than ddp’s about 50 bucks
http://www.t-dimension.com/revamp/-c-0/ ... ody-p-1632

T-Dimension has a “groupon” (http://www.facebook.com/TDimension) have $15 more off, although its quite far from 1000 now.

There is a very big difference,but I am not sure whether they are offering the same bundle… anyone can give me some hints on this???
alexparker

Postby surenj on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:17 pm

Alex, always get a camera body from a supplier with a good track record for warranty.

alexparker wrote:still cheaper than ddp’s about 50 bucks

It will cost you far more than this to ship it to Hongkong (or whereever) if anything goes wrong.
surenj

Postby chrisk on Fri Oct 08, 2010 6:52 pm

alexparker wrote:Hi mates, i’m wondering if ddp would be the best choice for the camera.. D3100 body at t-dimension total cost is $707.29(included shipping to Brisbane), still cheaper than ddp’s about 50 bucks
http://www.t-dimension.com/revamp/-c-0/ ... ody-p-1632

T-Dimension has a “groupon” (http://www.facebook.com/TDimension) have $15 more off, although its quite far from 1000 now.

There is a very big difference,but I am not sure whether they are offering the same bundle… anyone can give me some hints on this???

alex, only you can make the decision on how much that $50 is worth. personally, i dont think thats enough of a saving to have a camera shipped from HK as opposed to buying local. if anything is wrong with it, even the smallest thing like too many dead pixels and you gotta send it back to HK at your cost. others may think that the saving is significant enuf to warrant the risk.
chrisk

Postby rookie2 on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:08 pm

$50 difference on a lens...... I'd still probably go local.
$50 difference on a body......its a no brainer to go local IMHO.

All the best on your photographic journey Alex.

R2

'Always buy the best you can afford at the time and if possible, only buy once" Fozzie 2003AD
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Rookie2

http://www.DLdigital.smugmug.com
rookie2

Postby gstark on Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:21 am

Alex,

It's your decision, but to my mind, $50 is very cheap incentive to shop locally.

Above all else, do we have any reliability issues on T-Dimension? I don't know; I'm posing the question. ECS and DDP are both known to be reliable.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby wlolo429 on Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:26 pm

i never tried this shop before but i heard from my friends that this shop offers a very fast delivery which exceeds their expectation! and it seems that their customer service is pretty good and comprehensive. when someone's camera has broken, they will collect the camera and fix it and mail it back to you.. sounds so professional :roll:
Stay Hungry. Stay Foolish.
wlolo429

Postby surenj on Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:52 pm

wlolo429 wrote:i heard from my friends that this shop offers a very fast delivery which exceeds their expectation! and it seems that their customer service is pretty good and comprehensive. when someone's camera has broken, they will collect the camera and fix it and mail it back to you

I am very skeptical of this. It's not just because it's third hand info of what happened to 'someone'. :rotfl2:
surenj

Postby aim54x on Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:37 pm

wlolo429 wrote:i never tried this shop before but i heard from my friends that this shop offers a very fast delivery which exceeds their expectation! and it seems that their customer service is pretty good and comprehensive. when someone's camera has broken, they will collect the camera and fix it and mail it back to you.. sounds so professional :roll:

But have you heard the other side of the coin? BTW please place a meaningful location into your profile as it is a requirement of this forum
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby 33eji on Fri Oct 22, 2010 4:38 pm

T-dimension is a quite good choice to buy dslr, cameras,
their price is good, and the service/communication, is pretty good also.
Since I bought the camera from them about 3 months ago.
And I would like to get the discount which place in their facebook one. I plan to buy the X'mas gift(camera) to my Mum=]
33eji

Postby surenj on Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:05 pm

33eji and wlolo429, Thanks for your insights in the matter. Would you mind reading the red bit on the top of the page and adding a location to your profile? BTW Are you guys both based in the same location? You wouldn't happen to be affiliated with T-Dimension would you :wink:
surenj

Postby gstark on Sat Oct 23, 2010 9:32 am

surenj wrote:33eji and wlolo429, Thanks for your insights in the matter. Would you mind reading the red bit on the top of the page and adding a location to your profile?

Thanks, Suren.

And as Suren has mentioned, please put a meaningful location into your profile. It's a requirement of membership, and you really don't want me to get grumpy about this, do you? :)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby alexparker on Sun Oct 24, 2010 8:14 pm

Hi 33eji, would u tell me your experiences of shopping in T-dimension? 8)

Thanks!
alexparker

Postby alexparker on Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:21 pm

seem not much information about this seller here, but I will read some other forum about those three trader. :D

I have keep compare and find a package with much different, and I want to buy a Canon IXUS 210 for my mother all together. :up:

Anyway thanks for aim54x, surenj, gstark and R2 :cheers:
alexparker

Postby alexparker on Sat Nov 13, 2010 2:14 pm

Hi All

I had read some threads in Whirlpool and got some information about t-dimension. I would like to share with you, hope it could help.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=1570974

Cheers
alexparker

Postby biggerry on Sat Nov 13, 2010 10:28 pm

this all smells of.....
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby gstark on Sun Nov 14, 2010 12:00 pm

Alex, I'm confused.

alexparker wrote:I would like to share with you, hope it could help.

Whom do you suppose that thread might help? As you're the only person asking about this mob, it seems that the answer might be ... you.

Thus I'm confused because it was you who started this thread many weeks ago, wanting to know about them. You keep posting here, adding posts to this thread, but surely you must have made your decision by now?

If others wish to know about them, then they are perfectly capable of finding out for themselves, but please now cease this almost spamming that you are doing.

You can either buy from them, or not, but do your incessant dithering elsewhere. I'm very close to calling you a spammer, and referring you back to your ISP for action.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby surenj on Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Just to add to what Gerry and Gary said, this stinks of....

Alex, if you want to build up a good reputation for your store, this is the wrong way of doing it. :wink:
surenj

Postby chrisk on Fri May 13, 2011 11:26 pm

well dont know if the rest of the thread is spamming or not. but i today received a d5100 from T-Dimension, ($780 posted with a pretty cool little mini-pod which will work great with strobes, a SD-USB reader stick, LCD protectors and a surprisingly decent camera bag). item was well packed. communication was superb. tracking number with DHL supplied.

purchased on monday night and arrived this morning. not even 4 days. highly recommended. will be buying from them again without hesitation. :cheers:
chrisk

Postby broadbean on Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:30 am

Rooz wrote:well dont know if the rest of the thread is spamming or not. but i today received a d5100 from T-Dimension,

Did you get a genuine user manual in English with the camera?
broadbean

T-Dimension

Postby chrisk on Sat Jul 30, 2011 9:37 am

broadbean wrote:
Rooz wrote:well dont know if the rest of the thread is spamming or not. but i today received a d5100 from T-Dimension,

Did you get a genuine user manual in English with the camera?

Yepp
chrisk

Postby broadbean on Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:28 pm

Thanks for the confirmation. Some traders like DigitalRev, they wrote back to say I had to request it.

With T-Dimension, it would be great the manual in English is sent automatically.

Cheers

Follow-up - 8/8/2011

Received my D5100 Kit today. T-Dimension has been very good, but I have to ask specifically for a printed manual in English, which they included in what otherwise looked like official Korean stock.

Incidentally, not all traders offered the English manual option. eg DWI did, but not HKBNS.
broadbean

Return to Trader Opinions