Alternative for Powerex MH-C800S battery charger??? SOFT ch

Had a play with something interesting? Got something that we all covet? Found a real lemon? Write a few lines about it, and share your experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Alternative for Powerex MH-C800S battery charger??? SOFT ch

Postby haring on Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:43 am

I am just wondering whether there is any alternative for Powerex MH-C800S AA (AAA) battery charger. I had two units in the last 4-5 years. Both of them are dead.
I like them as a charger when they work. Unfortunately, it turns out they all fail within 1-2 years if you use them (all the time) as a professional photographer.

I would like to have a charger which allows me to charge battery in "soft" charge mode to make sue my batteries last long and it lasts more than 2 years...

THANKS SO MUCH!
haring

Re: Alternative for Powerex MH-C800S battery charger??? SOFT

Postby gstark on Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:11 am

Interesting; the same happened to mine a few years ago, and within a similar time frame. Just stopped working.

I don't know of any answer, but it seems to be a manifestation of a first world problem, planned obsolescence. Not good.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: Alternative for Powerex MH-C800S battery charger??? SOFT

Postby Matt. K on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:41 pm

I had a Powerex C-900 that died after a couple of years. Looks like they have a quality control problem.
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Return to Equipment Reviews