Newbie from northern NSW

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Newbie from northern NSW

Postby Analog6 on Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:18 am

Hi to all. I only found this forum a week or so ago and then by accident saw this forum. Great to find a local one.

My home is at Terranora on the beautiful Tweed Coast. We came up here from Canberra 5 years ago and I just love it, so much beautiful stuff to photograph

I’ve been dabbling in photography since I completed a professional course at TAFE (technical college) over 30 years ago. I am a journalist by trade and study (BA Prof Writing) so the photography complements this perfectly.

My interests are wide ranging, but recently I've been doing a lot of surfing shots. Yesterday I went to Byron (actually at broekn Head end of Tallows Beach as they moved it) for the Ben JKing Memorial Easter Classic. Got some great shots but the break is a long way out so I do wish for a longer lens. Going back tomorrrow for the finals.

I also like landscapes/seascapes, do animal portraist, other events and action stuff. I haven't done much 'people' work but I guess I'll have to deveklop the knack.

I have a gallery at zenfolio (see siggy) while I am buiolding my own website. Good to 'meet' some other locasl here.
Odille
------
http://odille.zenfolio.com ~ http://www.lightartforum.com
Canon 20D & 300D; 18-55; 35-90; 90-300; Sigma 24-70 & 28-300; H'blad 553elx & f4 Sonnar 150
Analog6

Re: Newbie from northern NSW

Postby Glen on Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:57 pm

Welcome Odile, sounds like a nice place to live, hope you enjoy your time here
http://wolfeyes.com.au Tactical Torches - Tactical Flashlights Police torch rechargeable torch military torch police military HID surefire flashlight LED torch tactical torch rechargeable wolf eyes flashlight surefire torch wolf eyes tactical torchpolice torch
Thank You
Glen

Postby surenj on Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:36 am

Welcome to the forum Analog6. Hope you enjoy your time here...
surenj

Postby colin_12 on Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:01 am

Welcome Odille,
Looking forward to seeing some of your work.
Regards Colin
Regards Colin
Cameras, lenses and a lust for life
colin_12

Postby Bindii on Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:55 pm

Hello and welcome... it sounds like your photography interests are as far ranging as mine.. I'll shoot anything not nailed down.. okay I shoot the nailed down stuff too.. *sigh*..

Seeing as you like the surfing shots you might be interested in the next Jet Sprint races which are held at Cabarita (Round Mountain Road) a couple of times a year.. the next race is the 13th April (in a couple of weeks) and there is always loads of action to shoot there.. and you wont need a long lens for it either.. I know I've been doing their shots for the last 4 years (and I also race - navigate).. although due to other commitments (alright I plan to be lolling about on a boat at Tweed Marina).. I can't be there for this upcoming meet...

Its always great to see more members join from our 'local' area.. well local enough to join in on our meets etc... I'm looking forward to getting to know you.. :)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it's still on the list... ;)
Bindii

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast