Gels

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Gels

Postby Joshman on Sun Jun 15, 2008 5:47 pm

hey guys, i'm wondergin if there was anywhere in brisbane that sells theatre lighting gels, for use on an external flash. i know of a place up the north coast that apparently sells theatre gels in a square metre sheet, and am wondering if there's a place locally that does similar,
thanks guys
josh.
Canon 400D | Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS | 50mm f1.8 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 | Sigma EF-530 DG SUPER ETTL-II
flickr
Joshman

Re: Gels

Postby surenj on Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:39 pm

You can ask for sample swatches which fit on small flash heads so you can experiement..

http://www.rosco.com/australia/directory/index.asp
surenj

Postby Joshman on Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:17 pm

thanks for your reply, i just ordered some swatches of the CineGel line of filters through their site.

i'll let ya'll know how they go!
Canon 400D | Sigma 18-200mm f3.5-6.3 DC OS | 50mm f1.8 | 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 | Sigma EF-530 DG SUPER ETTL-II
flickr
Joshman

Postby digitor on Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:01 pm

Joshman wrote:thanks for your reply, i just ordered some swatches of the CineGel line of filters through their site.

i'll let ya'll know how they go!

Good luck - I tried that a few times, with no reply, or result. I ended up buying some from the local agent.

Cheers
What's another word for "thesaurus"?
digitor

Postby Joshman on Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:22 pm

i found the dealer of rosco gels in bundamba today, and picked up a swatch book of e-colour+ gels, which i don't think will work with a flash, as i noticed warping in the plastic after the first flash fire! and i also grabbed a swatch book of Rosco SuperGel, which looks pretty good, and no warping yet, so they might be a goer.

i've also got onto a Rosco rep via their site and they should be mailing me out a swatch book of the "storaro" collection of colours, which to my understanding is just the primary colours or something. and if the swatch request thing on their site worked correctly, i should also have a swatch book of the cinegel range coming in the mail as well.

hopefully it'll work out all right :D
flickr
Joshman

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast