Toowoomba/Brisvegas...what to shoot?

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Toowoomba/Brisvegas...what to shoot?

Postby Jonesy on Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:45 pm

I'm getting a company funded trip to Toowoomba for a week and will have nights and a weekend (14th/15th Dec) free with my camera and a hire car.
Can anyone please let me know of a few places I should look out for? And of course if there is a mini meet... I'd love to hang out with some QLD members.

Cheers

Jonesy
D4, D700, plus glass from 14mm to 200mm
Gaffa Tape is like the FORCE... it has a Light side, a Dark side and it holds the universe together
Jonesy

Re: Toowoomba/Brisvegas...what to shoot?

Postby gasgasgas on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:21 am

Jonesy,

Toowoomba is a very pretty town with lots of older buildings and some quite spectacular gardens, if you're into that sort of thing. If the storms are still hanging around when you're up here, Prince Henry Drive is an awesome place to look out over the Lockyer Valley and you could get some awesome storm photos, given the right conditions.

I can't help you any more than that, as even though I was born there, I've never lived in Toowoomba and don't go there much at all.

I hope this helps. :)

Cheers
Simon Grounds
Previously disappointed Nikon user. Now happy to have stuck with it. :) Bring on the lotto win for some new Nikon's ;)
gasgasgas

Re: Toowoomba/Brisvegas...what to shoot?

Postby Jonesy on Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:03 pm

Thanks gasgasgas,

I'm packing the tripod just in case there's a light show. Love my storms, but wont wish them on anyone in that area after the last couple of weeks.

Don't know anything about the place and never been there or brisvegas, so no doubt I find plenty

Cheers
D4, D700, plus glass from 14mm to 200mm
Gaffa Tape is like the FORCE... it has a Light side, a Dark side and it holds the universe together
Jonesy

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast