Lismore, Wednesday March 11

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Lismore, Wednesday March 11

Postby gstark on Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:57 pm

Dammit, dammit, dammit.

I've just found out that Roberto Fonseca is appearing tonight at the SOH. Too late for me to arrange to go.

For those in the Lismore region, he's appearing there on Wednesday, at the Lismore City Hall.

To answer the next question, he's a great Latin Jazz pianist, related to Bebo and Chucho Valdes, which makes him a true Cuban master. If you're into good Latin jazz - and I mean good Latin jazz, Fonseca is the real deal, and should be well worth checking out.

I'll make a point of playing some Fonseca in Jazz Notes tomorrow between 11 and 1, but if you are in the region and have nothing else planned, I would highly recommend this gig.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast