Where is everybody??

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Where is everybody??

Postby Bindii on Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:48 pm

The last post in this forum was in August last year.. thats 6 months ago.. slack asses the lot of us!

Anyways if there are still some Brisbane/Gold Coast etc members active here would anyone be in interested in a small model portrait shoot in Feb? As in I can organise a couple of models and we could decide on a location and time and spend a couple of hours practising our portrait taking techniques.

If anyone is keen let me know and we'll sort out the details from there.. :)
The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it's still on the list... ;)
Bindii

Re: Where is everybody??

Postby aim54x on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:16 pm

Wow that has been a long time....But the forum has experienced a bit of a lull in activity over that period.

Portrait shoot sounds good...too bad it is not do able for me.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby biggerry on Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:54 pm

gone to other forums? :?

I am up in the lismore area from time to time, depending on where you are talking about and if the planets align it could be a maybe for me. :up:
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby Manta on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:41 am

Sounds like a great idea Sue. Just let me know when and where. Steve might be keen as well but I think Rel prefers to shoot wildlife than people! Maybe we could combine the two? :-)
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
http://www.redbubble.com/people/manta
Manta
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year

Postby Bindii on Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:42 pm

Sheesh I was starting to think that all the Queenslanders must be dead.. and tha may still be the case seeing as only one responded lol..

Okay we'll see if we get anyone else interested or it might just be me and you Simon.. (and anyone else that can get here).. and we'll tell Rel that models can be more snakey than those reptiles she shoots.. besides it'll do her good to step out of the box and try something new... *ducks in case rel is listening*.. ;)
Bindii

Postby Big Red on Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:11 pm

i'm interested ... could do with some pointers as portraits are something i haven't tried :mrgreen:
Big Red

Postby Bindii on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:00 am

Okay well we have got three definites (obviously depending on date and time etc)... is anyone else interested?

And does anyone have any preference to what kind of themed shoot we do? (as in bikini, fashion, zany, bridal etc)..

:)
Bindii

Postby CraigVTR on Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:29 am

I may be able to make it depending on time and date. I would like to learn a bit more about appropriate lighting and catch up.
Craig
Lifes journey is not to arrive at our grave in a well preserved body but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow what a ride."
D70s, D300, 70-300ED, 18-70 Kit Lens, Nikkor 105 Micro. Manfrotto 190Prob Ball head. SB800 x 2.
CraigVTR

Postby TC on Sat Jan 16, 2010 12:01 pm

I am interested...never done studio before
TC

Postby marcotrov on Sat Jan 16, 2010 6:09 pm

Sounds like a great day Sue.

I will be down in Brisbane (actually at Rabi Bay again) for father-in-law's 80th and sister-in-law's 50th. We will be there for about a week between Feb 23 and March 1. Whilst i couldn't participate fully due to family commitments I'd love an opportunity to call in and catch-up briefly if the day coincides with my visit if that's ok :)

cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby Big Red on Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:55 pm

Bindii wrote:Okay well we have got three definites (obviously depending on date and time etc)... is anyone else interested?

And does anyone have any preference to what kind of themed shoot we do? (as in bikini, fashion, zany, bridal etc)..

:)

there's different types ????
strewth! ... this just gets harder and harder :shock:

OK , seriously ... i'm easy as it is more about the picture taking than the subject that i'm interested in. :mrgreen:
Big Red

Postby Bindii on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:49 pm

TC wrote:I am interested...never done studio before

Hiya TC.. it won't be a studio shoot.. I've spoken to a model who is keen to do it for TFCD (her time in exchange for the photographers sending her a disc of images they took of her on the day) and we were thinking about a fashion shoot in the city. But its always nice to see new faces and you would be more than welcome to come along if you're still interested in joining us! :)

marcotrov wrote:Sounds like a great day Sue.

I will be down in Brisbane (actually at Rabi Bay again) for father-in-law's 80th and sister-in-law's 50th. We will be there for about a week between Feb 23 and March 1. Whilst i couldn't participate fully due to family commitments I'd love an opportunity to call in and catch-up briefly if the day coincides with my visit if that's ok :)

cheers
marco

It would be great to see you again Marco! Unfortunatly I can't make that weekend for a shoot as I have a wedding booking for the Saturday and a portrait booked for the Sunday on the only weekend that you're here.. :( But maybe we could organise another dinner like last time to catch up?. :)

For those that want to attend the shoot - How is everyones availability for Feb 20th or the 21st?? Thats a Saturday or Sunday.. I think that Sunday would be better for a city shoot as its likely to be a bit quieter then but Saturday would be fine also.. let me know if you guys are available on those days and which date suits you better.. The shoot would most likely be late afternoon for the best light.. :)
Bindii

Postby blacknstormy on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:51 pm

Hey Sue !!!
It turns out I am listening ;)
and yes please - I'd love to have a go ... If I'm working, I'll come after I finish....
looking forward to it :)
Cheeky bugger ;) :)
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships! -Ansel Adams

http://www.redbubble.com/people/blacknstormy
blacknstormy

Postby CraigVTR on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:57 am

I can do Saturday 20/2, but not the Sunday.
Craig
Lifes journey is not to arrive at our grave in a well preserved body but, rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, "Wow what a ride."
D70s, D300, 70-300ED, 18-70 Kit Lens, Nikkor 105 Micro. Manfrotto 190Prob Ball head. SB800 x 2.
CraigVTR

Postby Geoff M on Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:39 am

I would love to come along too depending on times etc. No other commitments so far but work may come up in the meantime. Please put my name down on the list as a maybe.
Fuji X-Pro1 | X-E1 | X-T1 | XF14 | XF23 | XF27 | XF35 | XF56 | XF60 | XF10-24 | XF18-55 | XF55-200 | MCEX-11

http://gmarshall.zenfolio.com

http://xtographer.weebly.com
Geoff M

Postby marcotrov on Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:01 pm

It would be great to see you again Marco! Unfortunatly I can't make that weekend for a shoot as I have a wedding booking for the Saturday and a portrait booked for the Sunday on the only weekend that you're here.. But maybe we could organise another dinner like last time to catch up?.

Sounds good Sue even if it is just an afternoon drink and nibblies if you are too busy. Well.... Rel and Simon what do you think? :wink:
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby Bindii on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:14 pm

I've sent a message to the model to see what her availability is for Sat Feb 20th in the afternoon and I'll let everyone know how she is travelling for that time.. :)

and Marco I'll try and chase up Rel and Simon and see what they are doing and where and when we can get to Raby Bay to meet you again.. :)
Bindii

Postby blacknstormy on Sun Jan 17, 2010 8:21 pm

I'm definitely on for a meetup with Marco & you guys again :)
Just let me know where, and when :)
And as for the 20th of Feb, pretty sure I'm off work that day anyway, so will be there with bells on :) :) :)
Dodging and burning are steps to take care of mistakes God made in establishing tonal relationships! -Ansel Adams

blacknstormy

Postby Bindii on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:54 pm

blacknstormy wrote:And as for the 20th of Feb, pretty sure I'm off work that day anyway, so will be there with bells on :) :) :)

Please tell me you're wearing clothes as well... :mrgreen:
Bindii

Postby blacknstormy on Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:32 pm

no ..
just bells ;)

blacknstormy

Postby marcotrov on Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:03 am

and Marco I'll try and chase up Rel and Simon and see what they are doing and where and when we can get to Raby Bay to meet you again..

I'm definitely on for a meetup with Marco & you guys again
Just let me know where, and when

I look forward to the reunion ladies I had a great time last time round, hopefully Simon will be available :)

blacknstormy wrote:And as for the 20th of Feb, pretty sure I'm off work that day anyway, so will be there with bells on

Please tell me you're wearing clothes as well...

* Report this post

by blacknstormy on Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:32 pm
no ..
just bells

Sounds like little has changed girls :wink: I look forward to catching up with you both.... 'bells' or not :up: :oops:

cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby Manta on Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:13 pm

Had a blast last time Marco and someone has to protect you from Rel and Sue. I'll be there - just tell me when and where. I'm up at Camp Hill now but happy to head back down to the bayside if it suits. :cheers:

That Saturday arvo is fine for me for the shoot Sue. :up:
Simon
D300 l MB-D10 l D70 l SB-800 l 70-200 VR l TC 17-E l 18-70 f3.5-4.5 l 70-300 f4-5.6 l 50 f1.4 l 90 Macro f2.8 l 12-24 f4
Manta

Postby Bindii on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Hey Marco.. we are all up for dinner one night while you're down our way... same place etc.. how about you throw some dates at us when you are free and we'll set a date?.. :)
Bindii

Postby Bindii on Sat Jan 23, 2010 10:45 pm

Deleted.. double post.. 8)
Bindii

Postby Ladybird on Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:04 pm

Hey Sue,

I'm still kind of kicking around, but have been absent in the recent months. As I'm about to start serious thesis writing though, I'm sure I'll be on here more and more, looking for an excuse to procrastinate....

I would be interested in the shoot on the 20th, although I'm hopeless with portraiture and haven't touched my camera in months. So what better excuse than to dust it off and do some learning!

And as mentioned above, it doesn't sound like you or Rel have changed a bit.... :up:

L.
I'll try to be a bit nicer, if you try to be a bit smarter.
Ladybird

Postby the foto fanatic on Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:34 pm

We'll be in Tasmania on holiday on the proposed date. Sorry.
TFF (Trevor)
My History Blog: Your Brisbane: Past & Present
My Photo Blog: The Foto Fanatic
Nikon stuff!
the foto fanatic

Postby marcotrov on Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:58 pm

Hey Marco.. we are all up for dinner one night while you're down our way... same place etc.. how about you throw some dates at us when you are free and we'll set a date?..

Well how does the afternoon/evening of the 24th (Wednesday) or 25th (Thursday) of February sound :)
cheers
marco
marcotrov

Postby Bindii on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:03 am

marcotrov wrote:
Hey Marco.. we are all up for dinner one night while you're down our way... same place etc.. how about you throw some dates at us when you are free and we'll set a date?..

Well how does the afternoon/evening of the 24th (Wednesday) or 25th (Thursday) of February sound :)
cheers
marco

Both sound good for me..! Rel.. Simon how about you two? :)

And as for our model shoot in the city.. it looks like I have two models interested.. both are experienced models and keen to help us out in exchange for images taken on the day sent to them on discs so they might be able to use them in their portfolios.. Both of the models have different looks (one is a tall dark skinned model and the other shorter, fairer and very vintage/retro looking) so it should be a great day!

Shoot date: Sat Feb 20th
Time: 3pm
Where: Brisbane City
The models with be with us for two hours give or take (if we are doing well and the light is good they are happy to stay) and if anyone is interested we could arrange to grab a bite to eat afterwards?? :)

How many are coming to the shoot exactly?
Bindii

Postby Manta on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:12 am

I'll be there for the shoot. Hopefully the weather will have cooled down by then otherwise 3pm in the city's gonna be steaming. Probably 25th better for me for the dinner with Marco.
Simon
Manta

Postby Manta on Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:14 am

the foto fanatic wrote:We'll be in Tasmania on holiday on the proposed date. Sorry.

That's a shame Trevor - would have been good to catch up. But you'll have a great time in Tassie!
Simon
Manta

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast