In Sufferers' Paradise.

Items of local interest for those in Brisbane, the Gold Coast and the Sunshine Coast, plus those lost souls on the NSW North Coast.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

In Sufferers' Paradise.

Postby gstark on Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:29 am

Hi all y'all.

I'm going to be in Sufferers' Paradise from Sunday through Tuesday afternoon next, attending a conference at Sanctuary Cove.

Any takers for a quick rendezvous?
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Re: In Sufferers' Paradise.

Postby Bindii on Sun May 29, 2011 7:59 pm

Damn! I missed you! :shock:
The last thing I want to do is hurt you... but it's still on the list... ;)
Bindii

Postby gstark on Sun May 29, 2011 8:06 pm

And I missed you.

Where have you been? Glad to see you're still around, but ... ???
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Bindii on Sun May 29, 2011 8:21 pm

Well I spent about four months in China and lost the web address for the forum when I returned lol... (and no I am not a natural blonde).. :?

P.S.. if you had facebook then I wouldn't have to spend three months typing different versions of DSLR into the search engines to find you again lol..
Bindii

Postby gstark on Sun May 29, 2011 8:28 pm

FAcebook is just too dangerous for me. The forum is on twitter though
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby biggerry on Mon May 30, 2011 11:07 am

Bindii wrote:Well I spent about four months in China and lost the web address for the forum when I returned lol... (and no I am not a natural blonde).. :?

P.S.. if you had facebook then I wouldn't have to spend three months typing different versions of DSLR into the search engines to find you again lol..

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

shoulda just tried dslr+bindii

number 1!

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=dslr+bindii&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby biggerry on Mon May 30, 2011 11:10 am

wow 729 views, man google must love the title of this thread!
gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Postby gstark on Mon May 30, 2011 11:16 am

BTW, I neglected to ask ...

What were you doing in China for that length of time?

I'd like to spend some time there, to see whether the conditions there might have an affect on my psoriasis.

So, please tell us all about it ...
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby aim54x on Mon May 30, 2011 3:53 pm

biggerry wrote:wow 729 views, man google must love the title of this thread!

Must be all those typo's leading to the hits! :twisted:
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby Bindii on Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:51 pm

biggerry wrote:
Bindii wrote:Well I spent about four months in China and lost the web address for the forum when I returned lol... (and no I am not a natural blonde).. :?

:rotfl2: :rotfl2:

shoulda just tried dslr+bindii

number 1!

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=dslr+bindii&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Lmao!! That's just hilarious!!! :P

gstark wrote:BTW, I neglected to ask ...

What were you doing in China for that length of time?

I'd like to spend some time there, to see whether the conditions there might have an affect on my psoriasis.

So, please tell us all about it ...

Ah long story... and I can only type so many words a minute lol.. short version is that we build caravans and we are having them built in China (Australian compliant and using Australian suspensions etc)now for the Australian market, the idea being that we can take advantage of the lower labour costs and use the extra dollars to fit them out with all the mod cons that everyone seems to want these days..

China was certainly an eye opener, the area we were based is not open to westerners, many of the locals had never seen a western person before - although most were excited to see us some were not so keen on having westerners in their midst but the majority of people were fantastic. We saw so many things and it has really bought home just how lucky we are to live in Australia. I'll post some photos just for fun so you can see a bit of China.. :)

Oh Gary.. I made a small blog while I was in China.. but it seems that a lot of the posts are missing now (no idea why) but the few that are there (access the archives on the right hand side) may give you some idea of what it was like.. http://melostintranslation.com/2010/08/
Bindii

Postby gstark on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:07 am

Bindii wrote:Ah long story... and I can only type so many words a minute lol..

That's ok; please type slowly, I'm a slow reader.

short version is that we build caravans and we are having them built in China (Australian compliant and using Australian suspensions etc)now for the Australian market, the idea being that we can take advantage of the lower labour costs and use the extra dollars to fit them out with all the mod cons that everyone seems to want these days..

So, every van comes with a D7000? :rotfl2:

Seriously, as long as the build quality meets your standards, then there should be no issues.

China was certainly an eye opener, the area we were based is not open to westerners, many of the locals had never seen a western person before -

And having seen you, nothing's changed. :)

although most were excited to see us some were not so keen on having westerners in their midst but the majority of people were fantastic. We saw so many things and it has really bought home just how lucky we are to live in Australia. I'll post some photos just for fun so you can see a bit of China.. :)

Love 'em; thanks.

Oh Gary.. I made a small blog while I was in China.. but it seems that a lot of the posts are missing now (no idea why) but the few that are there (access the archives on the right hand side) may give you some idea of what it was like.. http://melostintranslation.com/2010/08/

Thanks; I shall check it out. It's sure to be great reading.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby who on Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:37 am

gstark wrote:That's ok; please type slowly, I'm a Tasmanian.

:twisted: :lol:

And now, your two heads are having an argument, about whether to :biglaugh: or ban me. :cheers:
Old D200+extras
who

Postby gstark on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:41 am

who wrote:
gstark wrote:That's ok; please type slowly, I'm a Tasmanian.

:twisted: :lol:

And now, your two heads are having an argument, about whether to :biglaugh: or ban me. :cheers:

Hey, that's my trick, Ian. :)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Return to Brisbane/Gold Coast/SSC and NSW North Coast