Nostalgia Drags / Drifting

Let's generate some ideas for places to meet and things to shoot.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Nostalgia Drags / Drifting

Postby lkgrainger on Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:46 pm

Hi guys this sunday at willowbank there is Nostalgia Drags (Pit Admission adults $20, students with ID $18 kids 13 & under admitted free. Gates open 6am, qualifying from 8am racing from 1pm) at the strip and Drifting 12p to around 5p at Queensland raceway ($10).
For those that may be interested.
lkgrainger

Postby elffinarts on Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:22 pm

how was it Leigh?

I'm hoping I can get out there for the Fast Fours jamboree but it means having to swap shifts in the office. damned weekend work :|
Mark Greenmantle
http://www.elffinarts.com / mark at elffinarts dot com
D70, 50mm/F1.8, kit lens, 80-200mm/F2.8, 35-70mm/f2.8, two 160w/sec slave strobes, sb600, "taller than me" astronomical tripod "can I have that step ladder please"
elffinarts

Postby lkgrainger on Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:12 pm

I didnt end up going to the drags, I seen the line up to get in and thought maybe next time! :)
So I just wandered down to QR and watched some corvets and mustangs have a bit of a play in QR carpark until the drifting started which wasnt until 1pm (they put the time back for some reason) and took a few hundred shots.
It wasn't to bad really I like the drifting as there is always something happening. We might catch up sometime on the track and have a chat and so on.
lkgrainger

Postby elffinarts on Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:09 pm

I was watching the drifting from work - but that was in Adelaide yesterday.

nice gig - $50/hr to watch drifting while slowly getting journalist rosters ready. hehe
Mark Greenmantle
http://www.elffinarts.com / mark at elffinarts dot com
D70, 50mm/F1.8, kit lens, 80-200mm/F2.8, 35-70mm/f2.8, two 160w/sec slave strobes, sb600, "taller than me" astronomical tripod "can I have that step ladder please"
elffinarts

Return to Shooting and meeting ideas