Sydney Camera Market

Items of local interest for those in Sydney

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

Postby huynhie on Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:50 pm

cyanide wrote:Stop it.... I am crying here.... lol

Easy come easy go... :D :D :D

I was two days late for one advertised for AUD350.00.

I call the guy up at 7am hoping that he'd still have it but things did not work out. :lol:

The Noct is one reason I still pop into second hand shops and antique stores.
huynhie

Postby shakey on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:06 pm

Birddy said

And I used the screwdriver to open it and did the head count :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm, maybe I'll try that after if I can't work it out from looking through it stopped down. :D :D :D .

From the SN the one I'm getting is one of the last AI versions. Should arrive this week (alas camera is in at Maxwell for some indefinable time at present)[/quote]
Last edited by shakey on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shakey

Postby gstark on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:13 pm

shakey wrote: There is the AI version and the AIS version. The early version has a 7 blade diaphragm and the later has a 9 blade.

Actually, neither.

This only had the old aperture indexing tab - pre AI.

And this is the same one Spada saw.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby shakey on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:37 pm

gstark wrote:
shakey wrote: There is the AI version and the AIS version. The early version has a 7 blade diaphragm and the later has a 9 blade.

Actually, neither.

I thought the only "noct" lenses were 58 mm. Didn't realize that there was a pre-AI 55mm noct.

Oh well...still a lot to learn
shakey

Postby gstark on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:41 pm

shakey wrote:
gstark wrote:

Actually, neither.

I thought the only "noct" lenses were 58 mm. Didn't realize that there was a pre-AI 55mm noct.

Oh well...still a lot to learn

Yes, and Birdy has has a 55 and a 58.

But wait, there's more.

I think that Birdy's 58 is also pre-AI. I'll need to check it on Saturday next, if I can remember that far ahead. :)
g.
Gary Stark
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby birddog114 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:41 pm

Yes, the Noct is only at 58mm Noct.
The 55/1.2 is not Noct
Birddog114
VNAF, My Beloved Country and Airspace
birddog114

Postby birddog114 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:43 pm

I have both 55 and 58 and they are AI-S
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby Nikkofan on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:08 pm

gstark wrote:Have you done any film work before? I'm toying with the idea of doing a film workshop for the AW. Logisitcs would be the primary stumbling block, but I'm sure we could pick up some film bodies fairly inexpensively.

Gary, I'm also going back to play with film as well as digital, having just bought an F100, 28mm and 105 lenses and the SB-26, (which I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of, to welcome them into the family!) so I think your idea of a film workshop is a great one and I'd love to attend, if I may. You'd be welcome to use my F100, lenses & SB-26 if you want.
Nikon D70, Nikon D200, Nikon F100, Nikon 18-70mm, Nikon 50mm, Nikon 17-55mm, Nikon 85mm, Nikon 24mm, Nikon 60mm, Nikon 105mm, Tamron 70-300, SB800, SB28, LSPJ
Nikkofan

Postby Nnnnsic on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:10 pm

Birddog114 wrote:Yes, the Noct is only at 58mm Noct.
The 55/1.2 is not Noct

Indeed. My research is telling me it isn't indeed a Noct... it just looked like one.

Phew, Birdy. Being broke saved me from almost buying a lens that wasn't a Noct! :lol:
Producer & Editor @ GadgetGuy.com.au
Contributor for fine magazines such as PC Authority and Popular Science.
Nnnnsic
I'm a jazz singer... so I know what I'm doing

Postby gstark on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:17 pm

Nikkofan wrote:
gstark wrote:Have you done any film work before? I'm toying with the idea of doing a film workshop for the AW. Logisitcs would be the primary stumbling block, but I'm sure we could pick up some film bodies fairly inexpensively.

Gary, I'm also going back to play with film as well as digital, having just bought an F100, 28mm and 105 lenses and the SB-26, (which I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of, to welcome them into the family!) so I think your idea of a film workshop is a great one and I'd love to attend, if I may. You'd be welcome to use my F100, lenses & SB-26 if you want.

No shortage of film cameras here. :)

How much interest do we have in this?
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Glen on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:18 pm

Leigh, saved by the skin of your teeth
Glen

Postby Nnnnsic on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:19 pm

Glen wrote:Leigh, saved by the skin of your teeth

I thought that I was saved by how tight I am.

Hmm...

Let's not go there.
Nnnnsic

Postby Nikkofan on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:26 pm

gstark wrote:
Nikkofan wrote:

No shortage of film cameras here. :)

How much interest do we have in this?

Count me in, please, if it happens. And I know this is a long shot, but I'd love to do some more darkroom work if it's possible .... haven't had the pleasure of doing so for quite a while. Any possibility of including this in another (say) Part II segment of a film workshop? (she says, pushing the envelope and hoping our very generous forum owner doesn't get too p----d off ... ) :wink:
Nikon D70, Nikon D200, Nikon F100, Nikon 18-70mm, Nikon 50mm, Nikon 17-55mm, Nikon 85mm, Nikon 24mm, Nikon 60mm, Nikon 105mm, Tamron 70-300, SB800, SB28, LSPJ
Nikkofan

Postby shakey on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:39 pm

Nnnnsic wrote:
Birddog114 wrote:Yes, the Noct is only at 58mm Noct.
The 55/1.2 is not Noct

Indeed. My research is telling me it isn't indeed a Noct... it just looked like one.

Phew, Birdy. Being broke saved me from almost buying a lens that wasn't a Noct! :lol:

All the noct lens have "noct" engraved on them. That's how you tell. Not the 1.2. Lucky you were skint. The "noct" is a completly different animal to the usual 1.2
shakey

Postby birddog114 on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:45 pm

Surprised me too, I thought in those markets, mostly the early birds picked that gem well before your arrival at 1:00pm

Those mongers won't let the Noct slipped out of their hands unoticed.
Birddog114
birddog114

Postby gstark on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:57 pm

Nikkofan wrote:
Count me in, please, if it happens. And I know this is a long shot, but I'd love to do some more darkroom work if it's possible .... haven't had the pleasure of doing so for quite a while. Any possibility of including this in another (say) Part II segment of a film workshop? (she says, pushing the envelope and hoping our very generous forum owner doesn't get too p----d off ... ) :wink:

Filum in da mawnin'.

Paper in de arvo?

We need ...

an enlarger

a room sans light

some trays ...

a sheet of glass

a box of Ilford Multigrade

a bottle of Ilford PQ

a bottle of fixer

a safelight

tongs

a few other evil chemicals

I have ...

a developing tank

some measuring jars

a couple of thermometers

a changing bag

a bulk loader

What have I missed?
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby ABG on Sun Mar 19, 2006 9:58 pm

I went nice and early today as well and picked up a B+W 67mm UV filter for $25 (couldn't pass it up) and a Slik Master standard tripod for $40 (I went along specifically to find a cheap tripod and was very happy with this). I'll be back again at the next market looking for an 80-200 2.8 for $100 :P
Andrew
ABG

Postby MCWB on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:03 pm

gstark wrote:How much interest do we have in this?

I would also be interested, especially in the darkroom stuff, as I have no experience in the traditional darkroom and would love to learn. Also F50 body + a few lenses to play with.
MCWB

Postby phillipb on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:06 pm

gstark wrote:
Nikkofan wrote:

Filum in da mawnin'.

Paper in de arvo?

We need ...

an enlarger

a room sans light

some trays ...

a sheet of glass

a bottle of Ilford PQ

a bottle of fixer

a safelight

tongs

I have ...

a developing tank

some measuring jars

a couple of thermometers

a changing bag

a bulk loader

What have I missed?

Gary, may I suggest that you run this in a new thread, as the title of this thread may not attract a lot of interested people.
I have a colour analyser but I doubt you will be dealing in colour. If I look hard enough I may even have some colour filters for use with multigrade in case you find a B&W enlarger.

**Nikon D7000**
phillipb

Postby johndec on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:12 pm

So how much does a 55 1.2 go for? Was it still a good price?
If I'm alone in a forest and my wife is not around to hear what I say, am I still wrong ??
johndec

Postby gstark on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:15 pm

Phillip

phillipb wrote:
gstark wrote:
Nikkofan wrote:

Filum in da mawnin'.

Paper in de arvo?

We need ...

an enlarger

a room sans light

some trays ...

a sheet of glass

a bottle of Ilford PQ

a bottle of fixer

a safelight

tongs

I have ...

a developing tank

some measuring jars

a couple of thermometers

a changing bag

a bulk loader

What have I missed?

Gary, may I suggest that you run this in a new thread, as the title of this thread may not attract a lot of interested people.
I have a colour analyser but I doubt you will be dealing in colour. If I look hard enough I may even have some colour filters for use with multigrade in case you find a B&W enlarger.

I fully intend to start a new thread if I think this will have legs, as I suspect it may.

Funny you should mention a coloutr analyser. Sitting on the same table as the Nikon F with the 55mm F/1.2 was a colour analyser. The same type that I used to have about 22 years ago.

Didn't see the power supply for it though.

But getting back to the point: no, colour would not be a goal for this. Not unless you could come with an RCP 40 for the day. :)
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby Nikkofan on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:21 pm

gstark wrote:
We need ...

an enlarger
a room sans light
some trays ...
a sheet of glass
a bottle of Ilford PQ
a bottle of fixer
a safelight
tongs

I have ...

a developing tank
some measuring jars
a couple of thermometers
a changing bag
a bulk loader

What have I missed?

Gary

Not trying to be a pain (it must just be my natural talent :lol: ), but I know there's a dark room somewhere in the inner city you can hire out - saw it in a photomag (Photo Trader?) somewhere, can find it again. If not too exy, perhaps the workshop attendees interested enough in this could split the cost for a day's usage? I don't know if they supply the nec materials, but I'm sure they can source them.

I don't want to cause you grief, Gary, it's just a suggestion which I would love to see come to fruition, but if not, no worries.
Nikkofan

Postby shakey on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:25 pm

gstark wrote:What have I missed?

Well when I used to do it I always found one of those little grain magnifiers useful to make sure your enlarger was focusing sharply on the paper.
Last edited by shakey on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shakey

Postby Nnnnsic on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:29 pm

shakey wrote:Well when I used to do it I always found one of those little grain magnifiers useful to make sure your enlarger was focusing sharply on the paper was very useful.

I was one of the only people in my class who found these completely and utterly useless and relied on my eye-sight more, as did the TA's.

I guess it depends on how good your eye-sight is in the dark.
Nnnnsic

Postby gstark on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:30 pm

Nikkofan,

Yes, I'm aware of that, and yes, that may be one way to address it.

shakey wrote:Well when I used to do it I always found one of those little grain magnifiers useful to make sure your enlarger was focusing sharply on the paper was very useful.

Yes, thanx.
g.
Gary Stark
gstark
Site Admin

Postby shakey on Sun Mar 19, 2006 10:55 pm

Nnnnsic wrote:

I was one of the only people in my class who found these completely and utterly useless and relied on my eye-sight more, as did the TA's.

I guess it depends on how good your eye-sight is in the dark.

Obviously I never ate enough carrots..

...but you can set up the focussing in ordinary light before bringing out the light sensitive paper. More power to you if you can do this without other aids
shakey

Postby birddog114 on Mon Mar 20, 2006 6:37 am

johndec wrote:So how much does a 55 1.2 go for? Was it still a good price?

John,
Price is just OK, standard price as market price. That why it's still there till 1:00pm and no bite.
Look, if there's anything fruitful at those markets, it won't last till you seen.
If you want something in real bargain, shop at it at the first minutes of its opening.
Birddog114
birddog114

Previous

Return to Sydney