[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 485: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 485: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4682: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3820)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4684: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3820)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4685: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3820)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4686: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3820)
DSLRUsers.com • View topic - Linda Evangalista @ David Jones Spring/Summer launch

Linda Evangalista @ David Jones Spring/Summer launch

Archives of older/obsolete messages from the Sydney section.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Linda Evangalista @ David Jones Spring/Summer launch

Postby Onyx on Wed Aug 11, 2004 6:39 pm

Onyx

Postby Miliux on Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:09 pm

Miliux

Postby Onyx on Fri Aug 13, 2004 2:34 pm

Well, it was an interesting shoot. I learned a lot from it, so from that statement alone you know most of the pics didn't turn out good. :lol:

For those interested, pics are here:

I'll share with you the issues I faced:

1. Lack of flash power - I relied on the D70's built-in flash as I currently have no external lights at the moment. With the shooting distances involved, it meant lengthy flash recycle times as it was firing close to full power. 1 shot every 2 seconds or so, greatly missing fast moving action. This meant I had to be spot on when I pressed the shutter release, as I wouldn't have another chance to shoot until the model was half way back up the runway!

2. White balance - as if the loud pop music wasn't distracting enough, they insist on using fancy coloured lights which kept changing from each desginer/brand. So that effort I went to, calibrating and fine tuning white balance beforehand served no purpose. I relied on Auto WB, which worked surprisingly well. As I'm a Jpeg'ger, I was constantly worried throughout the shoot that images were going to be spoilt by bad light/colour. Only a few bad shots colourwise resulted. I am extremely pleased. I don't usually auto - anything. Auto ISO, sharpening and contrast settings were the first things to go when I bought my camera. Auto WB might just remain my friend after all. :)

3. Dark skinned models were far easier to photograph than their light skinned counterparts. I had no issues with blown exposures, WB or other nasties.

4. Linda Evangelista really is an air-head. I saw her interview on Rove Live tuesday night, I felt sorry for Rove. Then at the DJ fashion show, she stuffed up even the simple greeting, requiring the presenter to laugh it off and move on. :roll:
Onyx

Postby wendellt on Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:32 pm

wendellt
Outstanding Member of the year (Don't try this at home.)

Postby lejazzcat on Thu Oct 06, 2005 6:58 pm

So many ideas. So little time.

"The camera is much more than a recording apparatus, it is a medium via which messages reach us from another world, a world that is not ours and that brings us to the heart of a great secret" Orson Welles
lejazzcat

Postby Onyx on Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:10 pm

Onyx

Return to Sydney - Archives