D-D Photographics Australia

Had a good experience with a trader? Please share that with us. While primarily we're interested in such things as on-line trading and off-shore purchases, anything good is more than welcome.

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

D-D Photographics Australia

Postby loinkloth on Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:00 pm

I've read thru some previous posts regarding this trader and there have been none lately.

Recently I ordered a piece of equipment from them and as advertise on their website I expected it to arrive the week after. It didn't, only to be told it would be another week because of backlog. OK that's fine. No apologies from them for the delay either - maybe he just forgot to say 'sorry'.

Followed up today (a week later) only to be given the same reason. No apologies for the delay either, and instead I was told that if I wasn't happy with it they'll just give me a refund.

I don't know if it's just me being sensitive but I actually felt quite insulted. I'm really very close to just asking for that refund and buying from someone locally and pay the extra 10%. I just fear that they send me running around to get my money back.

That's really bad customer service.
loinkloth

Re: D-D Photographics Australia

Postby aim54x on Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:55 pm

I believe that they have gone off the boil, and have been for awhile, they have not cropped up in discussion amongst my circles much at all recently. It does sound like you are having a bad experience. I would advise to get your money back.
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby chrisk on Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:13 pm

i recently bought a d7000 for a friend and it took 2 weeks with similar feedback. i guess they are signficiantly minimising stock on hand.
insulted though ? come on.
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby Mj on Wed Jan 16, 2013 11:33 pm

All retailers have their ups and downs... it's hard for them to be perfect when there's constant downward pressure on their prices... makes investment in customer service improvements secondary... and that's something that WE the customer have created. I've yet to have a completely dud experience with DD but not all transactions have been perfect either.
<vent> But consider my current exploration of Fuji Glass out in the market... no shortage of vendors advertising products such as the 18-55mm and even the 14mm but none can ever supply. Perhaps I can forgive the 18-55mm but NO ONE can possibly have the 14mm, yet a number advertise it as available. </vent>
Photography is not a crime, but perhaps my abuse of artistic license is?
Mj

Postby chrisk on Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:31 am

MJ i could have sworn i saw 18-55's at digidirect in the city 2 days ago.
EM1 l 7.5 l 12-40 l 14 l 17 l 25 l 45 l 60 l 75 l AW1 l V3
chrisk

Postby stubbsy on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:52 pm

Both I and a friend have pruchased from them in the last few months. Both orders took 3 to 4 weeks with no contact until we chased things up with them. Not the level of service or turnaround I've previously seen.
Peter
Disclaimer: I know nothing about anything.
*** smugmug galleries: http://www.stubbsy.smugmug.com ***
stubbsy

Postby Mj on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Rooz wrote:MJ i could have sworn i saw 18-55's at digidirect in the city 2 days ago.

It's possible... but they've never had one available for sale when I've popped in and I note they also advertise the 14mm for sale which they cannot possibly supply.
I think therefore my comment still stand valid... and it's seems a common practice that in other industries would lead to much trouble for the offender !!! btw... they are certainly not the only vendor guilty of this.
Photography is not a crime, but perhaps my abuse of artistic license is?
Mj

Postby B01NG on Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:15 pm

Exact same thing happened to me as well. I ordered a 17-40mm f4 from them 3 weeks, and was told that the lens will arrive in 7-10 days. Called to check on the 10th day, nothing. Was then told, it will be another week as it is on back order. Another week went by and the lens still hasn't arrived. I ended having to call up and ask for a refund. Pretty bad service. They don't reply to emails/messages, have to call and chase up.
B01NG

Return to Trader Opinions