POTW 9th Sept 2014 - Selection by GeoffM aka Geoff

Each week, one of the moderators or administrators selects an image that, for whatever reason, catches their eye. Please feel free to add your comments here. Vigorous discussion of the images and techniques is welcome and encouraged. Criticism of any mod for their choice is not. Please note that this is "Picture of the Week"; do not confuse that with "best picture of the week", which is a concept of which we have no understanding.

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

POTW 9th Sept 2014 - Selection by GeoffM aka Geoff

Postby biggerry on Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:51 pm

Its that time again, POTW here in DSLRUsers-land, this weeks selection is made by GeoffM and he has scored a cracker so hot off the press that the pixels were still cooling down!
Thanks for taking the time look, review and select a image Geoff, and well done Kristen!

Well that came around far too quickly , my turn to choose POTW again!

My selection for POTW goes to Kirsten otherwise known as bigsarg7, the first image in her post 'Annual Migration North...' takes out the accolade. Kirsten has captured wonderful warm light in the golden hour with a little cloud action to add interest to the sky. A longish exposure has allowed her to capture movement in the breaking waves and has also produced some light trails from the traffic moving on the roads below.

Well done Kirsten.

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=44519&start=457059#p457059

gerry's photography journey
No amount of processing will fix bad composition - trust me i have tried.
biggerry

Re: POTW 9th Sept 2014 - Selection by GeoffM aka Geoff

Postby aim54x on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:53 am

Great shot the Kirsten. Lovely warmth and colours. Very appropriate choice Geoff
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Postby zafra52 on Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:44 am

Congratulations, Kristen, it is a beautiful landscape, well framed and with nice warm colours . Somehow I missed it.
Good choice, GeoffM.
zafra52

Postby Matt. K on Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:20 pm

Yep! I liked this hi-tech looking image when I first saw it and think it deserves its place on the portal. Well done Kristen!
Regards

Matt. K
Matt. K
Former Outstanding Member Of The Year and KM

Postby bigsarg7 on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:46 am

Now this was a surprise. I had no idea I would have won POTW for my city scape photo. So I think I have figured out which one to get done up on an acrylic now. You solved my dilemma as I couldn't choose one. Thanks so much for all the kind comments. My husband and children suggested it looked like a postcard and asked if they could send it home to their schools with a little note. Which I thought was a great comment and now POTW.... thats just made my day. Thanks folks.
bigsarg7

Return to Picture of the Week