I got 'new' toys!

Many of our members still have film cameras. And some even use them! This is for film junkies

Moderators: Greg B, Nnnnsic, Geoff, Glen, gstark, Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is. Please also check the portal page for more information on this.

I got 'new' toys!

Postby Raskill on Sat Oct 29, 2011 11:05 am

So, I've decided that digital is here to stay.... Apparently..... :wink:

So, I'm swimming against the tide, I'm fighting change.... I've bought myself a Kodak Retinette, in perfect condition, good lord cameras used to look nice, all leather and steel. Anyways, I'll post an image once I get some nice 35mm b&w film.

I think i'll use the sekonic light meter with it, rather than the one that came with it, that has a dial...

Speaking of film, anyone have a good place to get it developed in NSW?

Also, I'm on my way out to the door to be picking up another 'new' cameras, a Leica DRP that I have 'inherited' as my sons great grandfather passed away and a Olympus Ashasi and what ever else I wish out of his collection.

SO, it seems it's time to buy a negative scanner :)
2x D700, 2x D2h, lenses, speedlights, studio, pelican cases, tripods, monopods, patridges, pear trees etc etc

http://www.awbphotos.com.au
Raskill

Re: I got 'new' toys!

Postby surenj on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:12 pm

:cheers:

Looking forward to seeing this rig and some results.
surenj

Postby Reschsmooth on Sat Oct 29, 2011 1:39 pm

Raskill wrote:So, I've decided that digital is here to stay.... Apparently..... :wink:

I see a future where there may be a market for 3 to 5 digital cameras. :)

So, I'm swimming against the tide, I'm fighting change.... I've bought myself a Kodak Retinette, in perfect condition, good lord cameras used to look nice, all leather and steel. Anyways, I'll post an image once I get some nice 35mm b&w film.

I think i'll use the sekonic light meter with it, rather than the one that came with it, that has a dial...

Speaking of film, anyone have a good place to get it developed in NSW?

Also, I'm on my way out to the door to be picking up another 'new' cameras, a Leica DRP that I have 'inherited' as my sons great grandfather passed away and a Olympus Ashasi and what ever else I wish out of his collection.

SO, it seems it's time to buy a negative scanner :)

Can't wait to see the gear and results.

Regarding developing - develop your B&W film yourself!

I just bought a waist level finder for my Nikon F. I will get it serviced and start shooting some
Tri-x.
Regards, Patrick

Two or three lights, any lens on a light-tight box are sufficient for the realisation of the most convincing image. Man Ray 1935.
Our mug is smug
Reschsmooth

Postby aim54x on Sat Oct 29, 2011 9:30 pm

Cant wait to see the scans
Cameron
Nikon F/Nikon 1 | Hasselblad V/XPAN| Leica M/LTM |Sony α/FE/E/Maxxum/M42
Wishlist Nikkor 24/85 f/1.4| Fuji Natura Black
Scout-Images | Flickr | 365Project
aim54x

Return to Film and Non-Digital Imaging