Editing pen recommendation for 27inch touch screen monitor

Tutorials, questions, demos, questionable images ,,,

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Editing pen recommendation for 27inch touch screen monitor

Postby haring on Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:59 am

Is there anybody who edits weddings/portraits, landscape, etc on his/her touch screen laptop/desktop monitor? I would like to utilize my touch screen monitor and do some basic editing on it, like removing "exit" signs, etc. I am a wedding photographer and the editing wouldn't be too detailed. Dell recommends Targus Stylus but it is only a stylus pen.

I know there are dedicated wacom solutions for photo editing however I don't think I need a wacom. I had one before and didn't use it too much.

Can you recommend a pen I can use on my touch screen? Can you give me advice?
haring

Re: Editing pen recommendation for 27inch touch screen monit

Postby gstark on Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:08 am

I can't help you with a suggestion, but ...

haring wrote:I had one before and didn't use it too much.

Why did you not use it too much? I suspect that's a question that may need little bit of exploring: you don't want to buy something, only to again not use it.
g.
Gary Stark
Nikon, Canon, Bronica .... stuff
The people who want English to be the official language of the United States are uncomfortable with their leaders being fluent in it - US Pres. Bartlet
gstark
Site Admin

Postby PiroStitch on Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:46 pm

Ditto with Gary's comment.

I've been using a Wacom for the better part of a decade and love it. The issue with using a stylus on a touchscreen is that it wasn't quite built with that in mind, well not properly anyway. It's not a very intuitive or efficient way either as when you're editing, you do need to control things such as brush sizes and swap between tools quickly.

The other thing to note about these touchscreen monitors, including the Wacom Cintiq series, is that the colour gamut isn't accurately or thoroughly represented on the screen.
Hassy, Leica, Nikon, iPhone
Come follow the rabbit hole...
PiroStitch

Postby haring on Wed Jul 13, 2016 9:37 am

I see! I guess I have to rethink my idea of using the screen and a pen for photoshop....
haring

Return to Post Processing