Displaying NEF files in Windows Vista 64?

Forum rules and nettiquette, along with other items of general interest.

Important information about this forum is contained here, and members MUST familiarise themselves with the posts here, as well as what is contained within the FAQ.

Please do not complain if you ask a question regarding a topic covered here or in the FAQ and in response you get a rather brusque, obtuse or sarcastic response. We get sick and tired of answering the same questions, day in, day out, when the answers are clearly published, in plain view, and all that is required is for you to open your eyes and read them!

Moderator: Moderators

Forum rules
Please ensure that you have a meaningful location included in your profile. Please refer to the FAQ for details of what "meaningful" is.

Displaying NEF files in Windows Vista 64?

Postby Gordon on Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

Has anyone installed Vista 64 and been able to view NEF files as thumbnails in Windows explorer? I've tried installing the XP SP2 Nikon fix, but that didnt help at all. I'd imagine it requires the same drivers as 32 bit Vista, but didnt find anything relevant on Nikon Tech.

TIA, Gordon
D70, D200, CP5700
Gordon

Re: Displaying NEF files in Windows Vista 64?

Postby jdear on Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:32 pm

Im pretty sure it only works with the 32bit version.

I have 64bit w/ SP1 running if you want to send me a small sized NEF I can test it (only have canon RAW here)

Jonathan
jdear

Postby bwhinnen on Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:40 am

Nikon haven't released a 64bit version yet. The only one I found in my searches was found here but it is not free, nor has it gone past beta...
bwhinnen

Postby Gordon on Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:58 am

jdear wrote:Im pretty sure it only works with the 32bit version.

I have 64bit w/ SP1 running if you want to send me a small sized NEF I can test it (only have canon RAW here)

Jonathan

64 bit is what I am running, and cant view them. I guess I'll have to wait until Nikon get their act together and release a driver. Fortunately programs like Photomatix have no problems with previews.

Gordon
D70, D200, CP5700
Gordon

Postby MATT on Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:47 pm

Sorry to drag up an old thread.

But has anyone found a solution for this?? Googling turns up conflicting advice. I would like to do it right the first time.

So what do I need to veiw nef's in Vista 64???

Regards
MATT
MATT

Return to Information